Welcome to the Swiss American Society of Atlanta
Whether you are new to the area or a current member of our society - welcome to the website of the Swiss Club in Atlanta.
You will find valuable information about our Club’s history, updates on upcoming events, as well as a photo gallery to show you some of the fun our 180+ members share.
The main purposes of our society are
• to cultivate social life among the Swiss and friends of Switzerland in the area of Atlanta,
• to help preserve the social and cultural heritage,
• and to promote respect and friendship between Switzerland and the United States of America.
What a better way to do so than by organizing regular social events!
In a typical SAS year we
• have a picnic, hike, or brunch in spring
• celebrate of course our National Day around the 1st of August
• share the joy of the season at a Christmas Party
• treat our children to a visit by Samichlaus
• mmmh! – enjoy a real Swiss Fondue night in the winter
• take care of our business at the General Assembly in March
We also organize monthly Ladies’ Luncheons, 'Jassabende' and very casual get-togethers, usually combined with the visit of an exhibition, a museum, or just a fun place to explore. At all of these events you will meet other Swiss people and make new friends.
Thank you for being a member or becoming one – I am looking forward to seeing you!